Amica Senior Lifestyle was formed with a purpose to serve and improve the lives of senior Canadian citizens, and their loved ones by providing customized services and top-notch living experiences in meeting their daily needs. Established in 1996, the organization offers retirement care services to about 3600 senior Canadians in finest districts of Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario. Amica offers other important roles like hosting learning events, sports, health awareness forum, fitness and more to help keep the seniors fit in body, mind and spirit.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Wellness, successful candidate will be required of the following:
- Provide direct nursing care to residents;
- Assist residents in daily wellness programs, activities designed to help improve the social, psychological, and physical needs of residents.
- Be willing to work full time
Candidates for this position are required of the following:
- Must be a registered member of the British of Columbia Licensed Pratical Nurses
- Three years working experience with geriatrics and long-term care;
- CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certification.
Other requirements include:
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and oral;
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with families, residents and coworkers;
- Effective team player;
- Be a critical thinker;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to operate required equipment;
- Be willing to personally renew expired certificate – both CPR/AED and First Aid Certificates;
- Continually improve knowledge in Gerontology by attending workshops, training seminars, etc;
- Provide nursing services in accordance to laid down procedure and best practices.