Loblaw is a leading Canadian food and pharmacy retailer operating in major communities across Canada. Established in June 1919 by Milton Cork and Theodore Loblaw, the first Groceterias Co. store opened for operation at Dundas, Toronto.
The company which initially adopted a radical approach where customers had to draw out a shopping list and wait for a clerk to fetch the items from the counter, later introduced a self service and cash carry system where customers are allowed to select their own merchandise from the counter.
With more than 150,000 employees on its pay roll, and attracting around a billion visits annually, the company has grown into a big entity with operation in several sectors such as baby products, cellular phones, financial services and general merchandise.
Locations: 120 Columbus Dr, Carbonear, Newfoundland and Labrador, A1Y1B3
5970 Mclaughlin Rd, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R3X9, + 7 other locations
Type: Part Time
As an employee in one of our retail stores, you will be required of the following:
- Providing our guest/customers with exceptional shopping experience;
- Complying with company’s guideline in processing customers transaction;
- Ensuring products are displayed on screen;
- Adopting best standard in cash register operation like scanning all items across electronic scanner, displaying purchases, discount and tax on screen;
To merit this job, applicant must possess the following:
- Be vast and experienced in outlets’ cash management.
- Knowledgeable about addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measurement;
- Basic listening, reading and writing skills;
- Ability to understand printed/written symbols, characters and other information