About the Organization
The U.S. Secret Service was established in 1865 as a bureau of the state’s treasure department to guard against counterfeiting of U.S. currency, and has grown from a small body to a large force with more than 6000 employees. Headquartered in Washington D.C., the organization has over 150 offices within and outside the border of United State. The U.S. Secret Service is charged with the responsibility of carrying out criminal investigation, fighting crimes. and protecting present and past leaders of the country. It’s also engaged in fighting crime in Africa, Europe, Mexico, Iran, and other parts of the world.
Career opportunity exists in the following positions:
- Special Agent (SA)
- Uniformed Division Officers (UD)
- Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT)
- Special Officers (SO)
- All applicants must be a U.S. citizen;
- Be minimum of 21 years of age at time of application and not more than 37 years of age at the time of acceptance of employment offer;
- Have good vision of not worse than 20/60 binocular;
- Excellent health;
- Complete and pass an Applicant Physical Abilities Test;
- All applicants for employment under the Secret Service are prohibited from having body marks such as, but not limited, to tattoos, body art, on the neck, hand, face, fingers and other visible parts.
- Good salary.
- Compensation for overtime.
- Life insurance
- Enrollment of family members under a federal health benefit scheme.
- Annual leave period depending on position applied for. Length of service.
- Sick leave.
- Quality retirement plan
Please note that the qualification and benefits varies depending on the position applied for; hence, interested applicants are advised to log in to United State Secret Service website at https://www.secretservice.gov/join/careers/ to read more before pushing forward their application.