Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, a mining industry is looking for Maintenance Technician for our Underground Tanami Operations which is located in one of Australia’s most remote Deserts, the Tanami Desert, 540km north-west of Alice Springs, on Aboriginal freehold land. We offer a competitive remuneration package as well as the opportunity to develop your career in a global company. We provides a fully equipped 1200-bed village, 40km from the mine, offering modern leisure facilities to the workforce who FIFO directly from Darwin, Alice Springs, Brisbane and Perth.
- Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor
- The Maintenance Technician – Fitter is responsible for performing trade maintenance and tasks for all processing plant fixed plant infrastructure and equipment as directed.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the equipment to the required standard of performance and safety;
- Ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner, thus minimising down time of the equipment;
- Work orders completed in a timely manner to the standards set by the maintenance supervisor;
- Meeting company maintenance and production objectives by ensuring all installation and maintenance work is carried out to relevant Australian standards and regulations;
- Ensures the workshop and yard are kept tidy and that the plant site is left tidy after any work is carried out;
- Carries other duties that may be reasonably required; and Participate in safety and communication meetings.
- Dual Trade qualification preferred but not essential.
- 3 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Experience with maintaining processing plant equipment
- Maintenance and fault finding skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyse a task and understand safety and job requirements.